Friday, August 09, 2002

How Does Never Work For You?

From today's New York Post:

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton yesterday asked for a powwow with President Bush at his Texas ranch to confront him over White House reluctance to OK extra money to monitor the health of Ground Zero workers.

Escalating her money fight with Bush, Clinton said she's willing even to help him burn down trees, cut brush or remove stumps - some of Bush's frequent activities during past vacations at his 1,600-acre ranch.

"I'll put on a pair of work gloves and help him," Clinton vowed yesterday, adding that she visited the nearby town of Waco in 1992 and is familiar with the oppressive Texas summer heat.

"I would be more than willing to travel to make my case to the president in person," Clinton said. "If I were invited, I would bring with me construction workers and firefighters and emergency responders . . ."