Monday, November 18, 2002

Openly Proclaimed

The following is from The Wall Street Journal's Best of the Web:

"Our country is headed for very deep trouble," Gore told Time. "I wish it were not so, but I believe that with all my heart. I think that our economic plan has zero chance of working. I think that it is wrong at its core. I think that our foreign policy, based on an openly proclaimed intention to dominate the world, is a recipe for getting our country in some of the worst trouble it's ever been in." Bush, Gore says, has compiled the worst economic record since Herbert Hoover. "For Democrats to lose the Senate and to lose ground in the House means that we have got to examine what we could have done more effectively as a party. I think it's the time now for us to be a loyal opposition, not just in name but in reality, and to present a clear alternative."

Did I miss one of the President's speeches? When did he or anyone in his Administration "openly proclaim" their "intention to dominate the world?" What in the world is Gore talking about? I "get" the Hoover boiler-plate. But the Dr. Evil stuff is just loony.