Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Belichick on Coaching.



“Age was never a big thing for me, whether it was the head coach of Cleveland or any of those assistant jobs. It was more about doing the job,” Belichick said yesterday. “I feel like if the players feel like, as a coach, you can help them, and you know what you’re talking about, and you can tell them things that’ll make them better and help prepare them because they want to prepare, they want to do well and they want to improve. If you can show them you can do that, then they respect you. If you don’t, I’m not saying they’re disrespectful, but they don’t listen carefully, they’re not as attentive because I don’t think they feel like they are getting information or the assistance that they’re looking for, and what they’ve been used to getting in the past. That’s really what it’s about for me.” -- from The Boston Herald.