Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Hope and Change


After almost a decade of working on start-ups and turn-arounds (and Ellisblog!), I have decided to return to political journalism. Last year, I contacted Henry Blodget, the founder and driving force behind Business Insider and asked him if he had any interest in adding a politics "vertical" (essentially, a sub-section) to his web-site. He said that he might and to keep in touch. We kept in touch and in January, he decided to give it a try.

The result is Business Insider Politics.

We're just getting started and it will take some time to get it to where we would like it to be. We will get there. The site will cover the waterfront of politics, debt, the restructuring of governance and destabilizing threats.

I will be writing quite a lot of original material (what used to be called "columns") as well as editing and contributing short items to the site. I invite you to visit "early and often."

I also hope that you will keep sending me your links, tips, analyses and ideas. They were instrumental in making Ellisblog! smarter and more interesting.

My new email address is jellis@businessinsider.com. I look forward to hearing from you.